Monday, August 6, 2007

WIP: spring lily print

spring star lily
Originally uploaded by lynxhoney
Finally made it downtown to Opus and bought some proper printing ink. I really wanted to buy something oil based but the lack of funds in my bag, and the fact I've been leaving my credit card at home lately, led to waterbased speedball ink. Now the last few prints I TRIED to make I used what I had on hand, I tried acrylic paint, with and without retarder, or gel medium, I tried ink pads, hell I even tried a bingo dabber to less than desirable results. So despite Speedballs bad rep I was pleasantly surprised. Funny how amazingly easy some things can be when you're using the right tool for the job.

No comments: